Monday, May 25, 2009

In Remembrance, and in Thanks...

Quick Memorial Day post, guys.  I woke up this morning with this on my mind and in my heart.  I am probably about as anti-war as one can get, but at the same time, I have members from both sides of my family who have served, and I do feel like we owe our lives to those men and women who sacrifice so much to keep us safe, and I'd like to take a moment to honor those near and dear to my heart.

In Remembrance, Major Carl Saffoe.  He didn't give his life in war, but served this country proudly.  I only wish I had been lucky enough to know him as an uncle.



















I also want to give thanks to all my other living relatives who have served - Grandpa H, Uncle Ronnie, Sonny and Eric.

I also want to highlight a WONDERFUL cause.  Almost three years ago now, my hometown lost one of our boys in Iraq.  The town continues to honor and remember him through a great charity: Kick for Nick.  I hope you take a moment to watch this video that ESPN ran.



It's such a worthy cause, and I encourage you all to think about donating any unused balls you may have, as collection is still VERY MUCH ACTIVE!!! (you can look up more information HERE)  I love driving through town when I'm home and seeing that net filled with soccer balls.

Thank you.  All I can say is thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment