Monday, June 15, 2009

Q and A

So, I like to pretend that I have readers.  It's fun! LOL!  I'm going to do a Q and A with myself, just because I can! This is totally a ripped off, compilation version of what Playbill runs on their website (so apparently, not only do I fancy myself a blogger with a following, I'm on BROADWAY! hahaha)  Here we go!

Full given name: I suddenly feel really awkward.  I won't post it, but suffice it to say, Miki is a nickname given to me by my mother.
Hometown: Well, I've lived in a bunch of places, but I'd call Wilton, CT my hometown (though it would be cooler if I said Paris, since I did actually live there! Hardly a home town, though.)
Zodiac sign: Aries
First Broadway show ever saw: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat 1993
If you could go back in time and catch any Broadway show, what would it be?: There are so many, but one of the more recent ones would be the Assassins revival.
Current show you have been recommending to friends: Sadly, I haven't really seen enough this season to recommend ANYTHING, but in the recent past, I'd say In The Heights.
Favorite show tune: "White Boys" from Hair.  I love the arrangement Seth Rudetsky did for the Actor's Benefit concert.
Most played song on your iPod:  This is going to sound crazy.  But it's actually Bogoroditsye Dyevo (Rejoice Virgin, Mother of God).  It's this beautiful Russian song we sing in church.  Check it out on iTunes.  Totally soothing. 
Last book you read: I can't even remember the last book I read for pleasure...most of my reading has been for school (don't get me wrong, it's fantastic) but right now I'm reading "The Inner Game of Tennis"
Must-see TV show: So You Think You Can Dance
Last good movie you saw: "Up"
Performer you would drop everything to go see: Raul Esparza
Pop culture guilty pleasure: Twilight
Worst costume ever worn in a show: it's actually the same as my BEST.  I wore this kick ass silver trench/raincoat in a production of Taming of the Shrew.  It was at a little theatre with no air conditioning in the middle of the summer.  The coat was lined, but it was so hot the lining was cut out to make it cooler for me.  Unfortunately, the jacket was that plasticky stuff raincoats are made out of, and I wore a tank top underneath it, so it would stick to me.  SO GROSS.  But it looked cool.
Worst job you ever had: Deer Park water mascot.  It deflated on me, and was torturously hot inside.
Role you've been dying to play: Tribe in Hair.  It seems like one of those shows that is life changing to be in.  I love those kinds of shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment